You can eat pretty much anything with a bagel chip. They're a base for open-faced sandwiches, a conduit for getting hummus from the container into your mouth, and a tasty tray for tart apples and shredded cheddar cheese.
These guys go great with bowl of soup or paired with a healthy fat for a weekend snack. Whole grains (like the rye or whole wheat bagels) plus a protein or healthy fat make a perfect snack. Try a bagel chip with sliced turkey or almond butter to get you from lunch to dinner.
Cabot Creamery sent me Sharp Extra Light (75% reduced fat) cheese to play around with. It has a mildly sharp flavor, shreds really easily and melts and browns like a cheese should. I like using full fat cheese when I'm not using a lot - like grating fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano on top of pasta. But, when I need a lot of cheese, like for a lasagna or these cheese bagels, I like to use (or mix in) some reduced fat cheese.
Ingredients: bagels, apples (sliced), shredded cheese
Bagel Chips with Sliced Apples and Melted Cheddar Cheese:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Thinly Slice bagels into rounds, being careful of your precious fingers!
- Spray rounds with olive oil (as you know, I love the Misto)
- Arrange bagels on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flipping them over halfway through
- Layer bagels with apples and cheese and place under the broiler for 5 minutes, watching to make sure they don't burn.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes before eating
Note: I received free samples of cheese from Cabot Creamery. I was under no obligation to write about the product and received no monetary compensation.